November 21, 2014
Sullivan home suffers extensive heat and smoke damage
by Keith Stewart
A fire left a Sullivan home badly damaged Wednesday evening.
According to Sullivan fire chief Mike Piper, the home located at 115 W. Mattox caught fire from a propane heater that was being used temporarily to heat the house since the furnace had previously gone out and was waiting to be replaced.
Piper said other than pinning the fire to the heater, which was located in the southwest room near the front of the house, his department is unsure what exactly caused the heater to cause the fire. The propane tank had been recently changed, however. Read More