August 20, 2014
Grease the likely culprit in cause
by Keith Stewart
An investigation into the fire that ravaged the Sullivan Red Apple Family Restaurant in late July concluded last Wednesday citing the cause as accidental and with grease a probable suspect according to Sullivan fire chief Mike Piper.
The investigation also concluded that the cause did not appear to be linked to anything electrical.
“It was the hood vent,” explained Red Apple manager Tim Halili. “The grease collects in the vent hood, and it the fire started in the kitchen.” Read More