House Fire Investigation Concluded

According to Lovington Fire Chief Gary Smith, the investigation into a house fire that occurred at a residence near the Okaw Valley Orchard Sunday, December 1 has been concluded as an electrical fire originating in the bathroom. Whether due to wiring or a space heater, Smith says it was inconclusive, but that there was “no reasonable cause pointing to arson.”

The home’s owners Jay and Selina Clark said that the fire was largely contained immediately by Mike Mitchell and Jim Bailey who used a garden hose to extinguish the fire.

Comments are closed.